Serving Size: 6
3 chicken breast cutlets
6 slices paper thin prosciutto
Raw baby Spinach
1/2 cup flour
2 TBS olive oil
1 TBS butter
Salt and fresh pepper
1 cup fat free chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup half and half
Medium sized pasta shells
1. Slice each breast into two thin, flat cutlets to make a total of 6.
2. Pound each one to make them thin
3. Season chicken with a salt and pepper (you can go light on the salt- the proscuitto is pretty salty already).
4. Start boiling water for pasta and cook as directed.
5. Lay a thin layer of baby spinach, then a slice of prosciutto, then another thin layer of baby spinach.
6. Fold over and secure with a toothpick if necessary.
7. Place flour in a shallow bowl and lightly dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
8. Pour oil into skillet on medium high heat. When oil is hot, sautée chicken for about 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. You may have to do this in 2 batches.
9. Remove chicken from pan. Lower the heat to medium.
10. Deglaze the pan with wine, scraping up any brown bits. Add chicken broth, and butter until melted.
11. Return chicken to the sauce. Finish cooking on low for about 5 minutes or until chicken cooked through. Baste chicken with sauce a few times while simmering.
12. Remove chicken and serve over medium pasta shells.
Tip: I cook the shells as directed while making the chicken. After I drain the shells and remove the chicken from the skillet, I toss the pasta into the skillet with the sauce to coat.
SO EASY AND SOOOOOO DELICIOUS!!