THE WAY I SEE IT...

This blog is dedicated to random nonsense: product reviews (i'm always trying something), weight loss attempts, general observations, movies, books, pictures, thoughts, feelings, and struggles that make up this extraordinarily ordinary life.

Friday, May 13, 2011

28 WEEK PREGNANCY UPDATE

so, i had my 1 hour glucose test yesterday. all i have to say is if people told me how much blood i'd have to get taken after i got pregnant- i may have put it off until....well, until forever. i'm glad they didn't tell me. i like not knowing what i'm in for until it's too late. i wanted a baby, but if someone had said there was a chance they'd have to slice my ging-ging, stick it with a needle to numb the area and stitch it up...hey, i might have second guessed my decision. my advice to you is- get pregnant and THEN do your research. you're just better off. that way, you don't have a chance to back out. man, i'm such a wuss. although, i have noticed that pregnancy has definitely enstilled a new-found confidence in me. maybe not so much "confidence," but more like a sense of apathy. instead of crying and worrying 3 days before a blood draw- i've just come to the realization that there's nothing i can do about so just do it and get it over with. i have no feelings about it either way. i'm not excited, but i'm CERTAINLY not gonna worry myself to death and lose even MORE sleep over a small needle prick anymore. i have enough to worry about. this, i'm sure is another one of God's ways of preparing me for the "joy" of labor i'll be experiencing in a few short month. so, my new motto is "whatever." you need to take 8 viles of blood from me? awesome. you need to stick that group b strep swab where? go for it. if you know me, you would consider this HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE progress considering i faint at the drop of a hat and am afraid of everything! seriously. name something scary and i get woozy just thinking about it.


in other news, we finished the patio!!! i don't have a before picture, but i will have to post a picture of the finished product. it looks FANTASTIC!! i can't wait to utilize it this spring/summer. special thanks to sarah, my sister, for building me the most beautiful planter box in the world and rory for making multiple trips to lowes last weekend. you guys rock the casbah!

No comments:

Post a Comment