THE WAY I SEE IT...

This blog is dedicated to random nonsense: product reviews (i'm always trying something), weight loss attempts, general observations, movies, books, pictures, thoughts, feelings, and struggles that make up this extraordinarily ordinary life.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

KICKIN' SALSA CHICKEN


Yuuuuuuuuuuuuum. I made salsa chicken last night and it was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaangin'! I used 2 (4 oz.) chicken breasts sliced in half to make two, thin, flat pieces per serving. I'm a quantity person. I like the fact that I feel like I'm eating twice as much when I'm not. It's mental. Plus, it cooks faster when the pieces of chicken are thinner. I'm definitely throwing this into the weekly dinner repertoire.


INGREDIENTS:

2 TB olive oil
2- 4 oz. chicken breasts
Taco seasoning
1 jar salsa
1 small can of corn niblets
1/2 c. WW Mexican shredded cheddar
4 TB light sour cream

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Slice each breast into two, thin, flat pieces. Sprinkle taco seasoning on each side of all 4 pieces.
3. Pour oil into skillet and spread around. Heat on medium/high until pan is very hot!
4. Brown both sides of each piece (chicken does not have to be cooked through- just browned on the outside)
5. Pour 1/3 of jar of salsa a casserole dish and spread around so bottom of dish is covered with liquid.
6. Place chicken pieces in the casserole dish on top of salsa
7. Pour remaining salsa over chicken
8. Evenly sprinkle cheese over all pieces
9. Drain the can of corn, and then pour corn into casserole dish.
10. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
(Note: My chicken was still a teeny bit pink when I took it out after 20 minutes. But I placed the casserole dish on the counter, covered it in tin foil and let it rest for 10 minutes, and it finished cooking through that way.)
11. Serve with dollop of sour cream (2 TB per serving)

Serves:2 (2 pieces chicken per person)
Weight Watchers points per serving: 8 points

(You can also serve over Spanish rice for additional points!)


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment