THE WAY I SEE IT...

This blog is dedicated to random nonsense: product reviews (i'm always trying something), weight loss attempts, general observations, movies, books, pictures, thoughts, feelings, and struggles that make up this extraordinarily ordinary life.

Monday, August 2, 2010

GHIRARDELLI BOXED BROWNIE MIX REVIEW



If you're a HUGE fan of chewy brownies- this brownie mix is for you!!!!!! I've been on the hunt forever for a chewy brownie mix....not fudgey...not cakey....CHEWY. And I've finally found it. Ghirardelli brownies are where it's at!!!!!!!! They even bake up with that awesome shiny, crackly top layer. Oh my goodness.





Not only are they delicious, but the process is quick and easy! I made a double batch on Saturday morning for a bbq later that day. I dolled it up a bit with Reeses cups and "Symphony" hershey bars (which is a hershey bar with toffee and almonds inside). The Reeses half of the batch was ok, but I was kind of anticipating this awesome Reeses peanut butter cup flavor, but it mostly tasted like boring PB...with a hint of burnt. I guess baking them changes the taste. It still tasted like peanut butter, but not that distinct Reeses peanut butter cup flavor we're all so familiar with. On the other hand, the toffee and almond half of the pan turned out fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!! So yummy. The almond and toffee really complimented the dark, rich, chocolately, chewy brownie. So, if you're looking for a dessert to bring to a special function- do it up right. Make some toffee and almond Ghirardelli brownies- you won't be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! (Note: I poured half the batch of batter in the pan, loaded it with the candy, and ended up dumping the 2nd batch of batter on top of to cover. I baked according to the directions on the brownie mix box.)

Next time, I will be attempting a chocolate chip cheese cake brownie concoctions. I'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment