THE WAY I SEE IT...

This blog is dedicated to random nonsense: product reviews (i'm always trying something), weight loss attempts, general observations, movies, books, pictures, thoughts, feelings, and struggles that make up this extraordinarily ordinary life.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

My First Post!


Wow. My very own blog spot! Guess I should introduce myself. My name is Katie. I'm 31 years old and I just got married this past March, five days before my 31st birthday, to the most awesome guy in the world. I'm not joking. Yes...in the WORLD. To all those girls out there still waiting for the man of their dreams to come along, keep hope alive. Rory was my first boyfriend and I didn't meet him until I was 28 going on 29. Guys never seemed too interested in me. I want to say it's because I'm a chubby girl. However, with age comes wisdom, and looking back I'm pretty sure it was because I had a terrible self image. I was so self conscious, when a guy did talk to me- I thought he was just being nice. The idea of finding "the one" creeped in around my mid 20s. I guess it was around the time all my younger sisters started finding love. I'm not gonna lie. It ain't easy sitting at Christmas dinner surrounded by couples. One day, I asked myself- "What if I'm not destined to meet a guy until I'm 35 or 40? I will have wasted all this time obssessing about finding someone and being miserable when I don't...instead of enjoying this time to be single and have fun." The minute I decided to give up stressing, and worrying, and making it my top priority to find a guy and just started working on myself and doing what I wanted and making myself happy just being alone- that's when Rory showed up. Literally! It couldn't have been more than 6 months later. I always hated when people would tell me, "It'll happen when you stop looking." Listen, no girl sneaking up on 30 years old is going to stop looking. You can still look, but when you finally decide to be content and love your life without that special somebody- that's when they seem to turn up. It happened to me. I'm so lucky. And I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment